The fishing on this 5 mile long stretch has been a mainstay of the clubs river portfolio for most of its history. A few years ago the club gave up the stretch but we are now pleased to welcome back this picturesque stretch of river which can yield excellent specimens. The nominal river depth is about 5 feet although variations along the stretch mean that you can find swims between 2 and 8 feet deep.
The river holds Dace, Chub, Carp, Pike, Perch, Rudd and Roach. Barbel were stocked into this stretch many years ago and caught into double figures, although it is not known if any still remain in this stretch.
River Close Season applies between 15th March and 15th June inclusive.
No toilets on this stretch.
5 mile Stretch. It should be noted that access is limited (see maps) so we advise travelling light as some stretches can be a long walk if wanting to be explored fully. The club will be carrying out work in due course to improve the access on the various stretches, this includes work on a bridge that crosses a ditch at Langham. Have a look at a video from one of our members https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ra5TBaF4gg which gives you an idea of what the Boxted Triangle stretch looks like.
Due to the nature of this water no disabled swims are available.
1. Close season applies 15th March to 15th June inclusive.
2. Anglers must not dig swims into the bank but can cut back vegetation such as nettles etc.
3. No fishing upstream of Nayland Anchor Bridge, this is not part of our lease and is for Nayland residents only.
4. There is no access or parking at Tendring Hall Farm.
5. Please be aware that CPS lease the Essex Bank at Langham
6. Only one locked gate exists on the stretch, this is on the access lane to Nayland (Cockney Hatch) Sewerage works. 3 locks are on the single chain as multiple agencies, farners, anglian water etc use this access lane (ours is the gold combination lock). Please ensure you lock the gate as you found it.
Head out from Colchester on A134 towards Nayland, turn right into Horkesley Road towards the Anchor Pub, which is the beginning of the stretch. The following are maps of the various stretches. This is a also a map from the land agents outlining the fishing rights that CAPS lease. Click here for Land Agent MAP
Only one locked gate exist on the stretch this is on the access lane to Nayland (Cockney Hatch) Sewerage works. 3 locks are on the single chain as multiple agencies, farmers, Anglian Water etc use this access lane (ours is the gold combination lock). Please ensure you lock the gate as you found it.
What three words: Map 1 https://w3w.co/almost.commended.blissful Map 2 https://w3w.co/vaulting.froth.strong Map 4 https://w3w.co/combines.regulator.dweller